Pages

Monday 10 December 2012

Sewing for pleasure

I have had a few enjoyable days stitching a present for my daughter's ballet teacher.  I'm not usually into the whole thing of buying/giving a present for the teacher, but this year I wanted to.  The ballet teacher, let's call her Mrs H, has done such a great job with the class this year - in particular getting the girls ready for their ballet exam (results not due until January, so let's hope they pass!) - that I wanted her to have something nice by way of appreciation.

I browsed my Cross Stitch Card Shop magazines (one of my favourites) and found a cross stitch pattern of the ballerina, and then found the ballet shoes from another pattern, selected my threads and off I went.  Then stitched the finished pieces into the heart, found some matching ribbon and voila! 


I have had so much enjoyment from taking my time over making this.  I'm really hoping Mrs H likes it, but I'm sure she will!

No comments:

Post a Comment