Pages

Tuesday 24 April 2012

My first post!

Hello to everyone!

I am very excited to be starting my new blog!

I have seen a pattern for a lovely handbag made out of flowery velvet so I bought some velvet fabric the other day to have a go!

Trouble is though that I need some co-ordinating fabric to use for the lining, so I'm off to have a browse.  I know that the best way to buy fabric is with your hands so you can feel the texture, weight and be sure you have a colour match, but there's not loads of fabric shops in the nearby area so sometimes I have to buy on-line.

I actually find buying fabric on-line a bit like a lucky-dip at the fair.  You are not 100% sure what you'll be getting but you might be in for a big surprise!

I'll let you know how I get on.

8 comments:

  1. Yay..........I get the first comment!! Well done on getting up and running, that's the hardest part over.......Now you can just yabber away like I do!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina, thank you so much!
    Gosh, I feel exhausted, but very proud of myself for getting this up and running!
    At first I thought 'what will I have to talk about?', but now I'm thinking 'I have too much to say!'
    I can feel myself getting sucked in again.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from another new entrant to the blogging world.
    Love the name :) and I'm in complete agreement about wanting to touch and feel the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I didn't get very far with the fabric search though!

      Delete
  5. welcome to blog world Helen! :)

    I know exactly what you mean about buying fabric online - it can be a bit hit and miss but you get some great finds too! fabric is about the only thing i ever buy off ebay - you can get some fantastic and unusual off-cuts that people have left over from bigger projects :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have my eye on some fab fabric on eBay..... should I go for it or not! ALways a dilemma when it comes to psrting with actual cash!

      Delete